MyBizMailer Anti-Spam PolicyAt Mybizmailer, we've have a strong, zero-tolerance anti-spam policy.
MyBizMailer® Anti-Spam Policy
MyBizMailer has a no tolerance spam policy. MyBizMailer's customer support actively monitors large import lists and emails going to a large number of subscribers. Any customer found to be using MyBizMailer for spam will be immediately cut-off from use of the product. If you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Every email contains a mandatory unsubscribe link - those individuals who try to remove this link will be warned that they are doing so. If the link is removed or de-activated in any way, MyBizMailer will terminate the customer's account.
What is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited email also known as UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). By sending email to only to those who have requested to receive it, you are following accepted permission-based email guidelines.
What constitutes a Preexisting business relationship?
The recipient of your email has made a purchase, requested information, responded to a questionnaire or a survey, or had offline contact with you.
What constitutes consent?
The recipient of your email has been clearly and fully notified of the collection and use of his email address and has consented prior to such collection and use. This is often called informed consent.
Isn't there a law against sending Spam?
The federal anti-spam law went into effect on January 1st, 2004 and preempts all state laws. While this new law will not stop spam, it does make most spam illegal and ultimately less attractive to spammers. The law is specific about requirements to send commercial email and empowers the federal government to enforce the law. The penalties can include a fine and/or imprisonment for up to 5 years.
What about Canada?
In addition, if you send or receive mail via mail servers in Canada, you must also comply with Canada’s Anti-Spam Law ("CASL"). That being said, we do not consider implied consent to mail to a Canadian contact that has just made an inquiry or application permissible under this policy.
How MyBizMailer protects you from sending spam
MyBizMailer is a permission-based email-marketing tool that follows the strictest permission-based philosophies:
- Verification - MyBizMailer automatically sends all of your new subscribers an email confirming their interest in receiving emails from you. Additionally, if your subscriber changes his or her interests or unsubscribes, MyBizMailer automatically sends an email confirmation.
- Unsubscribe - Every email generated from MyBizMailer contains an unsubscribe link which allows your subscribers to opt-out of future email campaigns and automatically updates your subscriber lists to avoid the chance of sending unwanted emails to visitors who have unsubscribed.
- Identification - Your email header information is correct because it is pre-set for you by MyBizMailer. Your email campaign's "From" address is verified and already accurately identifies you as the sender.
- Contact Information - all of your emails are pre-filled with your contact information including your physical address.
How to protect yourself from Spam: Take the Spam Test
- Are you importing a purchased list of ANY kind?
- Are you sending to non-specific addresses such as:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or other general addresses.
If you have answered YES to ANY of the above questions you will likely be labeled a SPAMMER. For more information visit The Coalition Against Unsolicited Email (www.cauce.org) or contact Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What happens if I Spam
If we find that you are spamming, or trying to spam, with your Mybizmailer account:
Things that will immediately happen:
- We will immediately terminate your account.
- We will refuse to refund your account.
Things that might happen:
- We might charge you money if your spamming causes any interruptions in our ability to service other customers.
- We might pursue legal action against you. (Spamming violates our service agreement.)
Please Note: We don't presume guilt. We investigate all potential spam incidents thoroughly before making a decision. But once we've made a decision, we act fast.